Scott and Julie Martin

Saturday 6 September 2008

Scotland

As some of you know, Scott and I decided to head to Scotland this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. Edinburgh is a beautiful town with so much to see and do. It amazed both Scott and I that locals could look at there city as though it was normal to live amidst so much history and beauty. It really puts into perspective just how new we as a nation are. I mean we visited buildings that were built in the early 100's.

Edinburgh castle sat at the center of the town high above everything and the whole town was built on or around the existing structures. The result was astounding. We visited the castle, took a tour of the underground city (the closes), did some shopping, and enjoyed the local restaurants (staying away from black pudding). I also found a local coffee chain that I am absolutely in love with. I have never had coffee so good. I discovered from the barristas (?) that we have a chain cafe in the town next to ours. I almost cried!
Anyway, we had a great time and we are looking forward to going back with our visiting family. We are all doing very well - though we miss our family and friends.
Here are our pictures from the weekend:

This is me looking ridiculous on our journey, but it makes my husband laugh so I figured the rest of you could get a laugh out of it too. I am engrossed in the world of Super Mario content on beating the level before my husband gets his turn and beats the level before I get the chance... Again! This is Scott looking usually hot yet characteristically cold in Scotland's cooler climate.

Scott and I just below the castle at Edinburgh.




These are of Edinburgh Castle. It was pretty astounding. We chose not to tour this ones interior because are last castle tour was rather expensive and not all that informative.
These are of the town of Edinburgh. Pretty amazing.

The city and castle at night.

As you can see, it is a unique experience. We are very blessed and very much enjoying these amazing opportunities and experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home